Embodied Yoga Principles Teacher Training
with Founder Mark Walsh visiting from UK
Sat 21st, Sun 22nd and Mon 23rd July 2018 at Well Aligned Studio
Small Group Training - Maximum 10 Participants
About the EYP Teacher Training
The EYP teacher training is a well-structured, intense, pragmatic, 3-day immersion into Embodied Yoga for people wishing to grow personally and use EYP professionally. You may be interested in EYP teacher trainings for one or more of several reasons.
Come if you'd like:
- a deep dive into self-awareness and personal growth
- to develop new aspects of your yoga practice & teaching, that's deep yet practical
- to use elements of EYP to psychologically enrich your own yoga classes and help students get their learning "off the mat"
- to teach dedicated EYP classes
- to join a supportive dynamic international community
- to learn postures that can be used as part of coaching & training outside of yoga
- to have fun learning something new and unique.
It consists of three intensive days, some pre-coursework (mostly watching videos) and personal practice afterwards if you wish to officially qualify.
The training is as much about developing as a person as it is about picking up new techniques and the principles themselves, so you can practice EYP in your own creative way.
Because Embodied Yoga is a set of principles rather than a style, it can add a new dimension to any approach to practice and be used creatively.
The training is not to be taken lightly as involves some work and much personal challenge. It will be deep, fun, personally and professionally enriching, but not all easy.
Taught by Embodied Yoga Founder founder Mark Walsh.
Mark has been a practitioner of movements arts for twenty years, including several years as a full-time aikido student. His main yoga influences are Scaravelli, Yin and Buddhist inspired teachers. He has an honours degree in psychology. He founded and runs several organisations which bring embodiment into business, to aid workers and peace activists in war zones, and trains facilitators in around twenty countries annually.
He has worked with everyone from the House of Lords, to Unilever, to the Sierra Leonian Army to Occupy; and yoga teachers of all major styles.
His YouTube channel has over 10 Million hits and he’s now getting self conscious about boasting about himself in the third person so will stop.
- people experienced in any style of yoga looking to add a whole new dimension to their practice and deepen their personal awareness and growth
- people already qualified to teach any style of yoga looking to add elements of depth, pragmatism and breadth from other embodied arts that they teach
- those looking to be able to teach EYP as a stand-alone class (no guarantee, see below)
- those up for a challenging emotional journey
- people with a sense of humour (vital for the training)
- people who care about social issue and the world beyond the mat
- people looking to join a community of like-minded teachers working non-dogmatically and creatively in an emerging field.
- what exactly is EYP?
- thorough training in the 24 main postures of EYP
- how to structure an EYP class
- how to integrate EY principles into existing classes and 1-1 work such as coaching and yoga therapy
- how to teach well
- marketing EYP and yoga generally (a big hit last year !)
- trauma awareness for yogis (Mark's specialism)
- fundamentals of meditation
- ongoing embodied development and support.